Tuesday, February 26, 2013

EYELASH EXTENSIONS! Hollywood’s and the 21st Century’s Hidden Beauty Secret

By: Vanessa

 You might notice now a days people are walking around with beautiful HUGE lashes or celebs you see, like Kim Kardashion and such have beautiful, Lushish BIG full lashes. WELL ladies, if you haven’t heard.. you can get eyelash extensions on your lashes. Eyelash extensions last anywhere from 1 month – 3months depending on the application process, and how well you take care of them! Now, I
already had long lashes but not having to worry about doing my lashes for weeks on end is pretty awesome and was the reason I wanted to try it out! You can also pick your length. My natural lash was size 12 so I went with size 13 which was the longest you could go at the place I went too lol. Sound amazing?! Well yes, they kind of are..but there are downsides for sure. Constant use can cause your lashes to become weak and brittle so it has to be done in moderation!  Now I’ve had eyelash extensions several times now and I’d say they are amazing but I would not recommend doing them more than twice a year, obviously people do as it becomes very addicting but I wouldn’t. The first time I tried it was right before filming “My Babysitter’s a Vampire” season 2. It was great and lasted 3 months! Me personally I won't do it more than once a year. I’d recommend it for special occasions only..Hence why I did it for filming, and I recently did them for my recent trip to Cuba. It is great for trips as I find when you have eyelash extensions you do not have to wear any makeup at all! You wakeup looking all done up and ready to go! And a plus side is when you go for swims, no mascara leakage! So you always stay looking purdy;) Yes ladies that is right, you can swim with them and everything! And still come out of the water looking perfect. Now if you are considering eyelash extensions for a special occasion I would also consider your options for the AFTERCARE. This is actually how I became obsessed with trying to grow my lashes. After noticing my eyelashes were weak after the eyelash extensions I started doing major research on how to start nourishing and grow a more luscious lash. It is by doing this how I discovered some great lash enhancing options....which I will discuss a lil later. But with that said I would say in your ending stages of your eyelash extensions I would start nourishing them so that they instantly start to rejuvenate themselves to an even healthier lash, after I did this mine grew longer than ever! FAQ: Is it Painful? NO- How does it work?- They glue the lash extension to your own lash with a permanent glue that falls off with your own natural lash cycle. -Mascara? Nope, not needed. Cost? anywhere from $50-350 - MAKE SURE YOU GO TO SOMEONE VERY EXPERIENCED..DO YOUR RESEARCH..You do not want someone messing up your natural lash :)


Not Good With Mascara? Have short Lashes? Want Long Lashes Fast for an event!?


Here's Your Quickest & Most Natural Looking Option! 


I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE these. My fave length is "long". I love adding a couple to the ends of my lashes for a more dramatic look for an event- gives that "doe-eyed" look. They are also great for days when your lashes are just acting up and you need a couple pieces to fill in so that your lashes look fuller and more put together. I love these individual lashes as they are very natrual looking, apply on lash line with your natural lash. These are way more natural looking than strip..and last longer! Remember, practice makes perfect! You can purchase at your local CVS or Shoppers Drugmart.


Love VM

No comments:

Post a Comment