Wednesday, March 13, 2013

HOW TO GET RID OF YOUR BLEMISHES/ACNE


By: Vanessa



ACNE, UGH! That terrible word that everyone hates and dreads admitting they have. Now fortunately for me, nowadays my skin issues are pretty minor thanks to all the changes I have made to my skin regime. I would probably rate my skin 9/10 NOW (with up keep) but it wasn’t always like that! I used to suffer from acne in middle school till about first year of high school. When filming “The Latest Buzz” on set, sometimes it would get really bad as I was constantly caking on the makeup and working very long hours (Basically lots of pore clogging). For sensitive and acne prone skin, this just does not work!

I, like most people eventually broke and ended up trying Proactive, which I thought would be the answer to all my prayers…but unfortunately it was not. It worked great for the first three months. Then I found my skin was EXTRA dry and flakey. I would have to put on so much cream to have my skin looking remotely normal…which would also cause my skin to breakout. I felt pretty hopeless. The feeling of when your skin is so bad you become embarrassed and don’t even want to leave the house..yes I have been there….


One day a makeup artist on set in Toronto suggested I go to the “Acne Treatment Clinic” which actually was GREAT so happy I went. They told me I was using too much on my face...(the 3-4 step proactive regimes) creams exc... He suggested I switch to the original, non-scented “Dove Soap Bar” to wash my face and Neutrogena cream for the face. He also prescribed a prescription cream called “Benzaclin” for all over use or spot treatment, which I still use WEEKLY and honestly I do not know what I would do without it! It seriously stops and prevents breakouts! After a couple weeks of use my skin already improved.

*Actresses like Anna Lynne McCord use Benzaclin!
I then decided to take it into my own hands and really strip down my skin regime… I switched to a completely organic face care system. I now Use ALOE calming facial cleanser from the body shop, in either foam or the cleansing cream. They are both rated a ZERO on Cosmetic Database
which is basically a database that tells you how harmful your skincare products are..O being the best. Basically you should not be higher than a 2-3..SERIOUSLY go to the site and check all your products. I’ve given away hundreds of dollars worth of products once I discovered this.

Today I rotate between my Aloe Facial Cleanser/the exfoliator, which does not make my skin breakout at all! Keeps my skin in check (I use this the most). I also use “Dessert Essence Gentle Nourishing Organic Cleanser with Aloe Vera and Cucumber,” and I am currently trying out Honey Girl  Organics facial cleanser & Makeup remover which was rated highly on Jennifer Stano’s blog. I’ll let you know my thoughts soon! But if your acne is  bad I would stick to the Dove non-scented Soap bar, then maybe switch to ALOE facial Cleanser after a few months.

*Vitacost sells Desert Essence's organic cleanser for SUPER CHEAP! We will link to it on the sidebar ;)

MY FOUR BLEMISH KILLING PRODUCTS.

Now that you have stripped your face care regime down to the basics with no harsh chemicals… onto the blemish FIGHTERS. 

1.As mentioned above I love using my prescription cream called BENZACLIN for spot treatment…or for prevention when you feel like one is coming!

2. TEA TREE OIL is GREAT for spot treatment (all natural) lovelovelove. Wash your face, put on a little bit of tea tree oil before bed. Once that is dry you can apply BENZACLIN if you choose. OR tea tree oil is great after you wash your face to apply to pimples before you add your makeup. GREAT disinfectant for blemishes. Dry’s out pimples so keep skin moisturized and use generously! 


*We have linked this product on the sidebar. Vitacost sells tea tree for a fraction of the price that most stores do!

3. Neutrogena Rapid Clear Treatment Pads-Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product honestly...my skin has been AMAZING since using this…even if I have a pimple I will compress the pimple with this for 5 mins…you may feel a lil burn but it’s just killing the pimple! The next day you will see your blemish(es) are improving!! Also a great makeup remover if you are sometimes lazy (like me) and just want to wipe your face instead of washing! I use this product prob every second day. Daily if my skin seems to be acting up but it’s a great preventative!!
 
4.Lemon- love lemon at bedtime for an all natural spot treatment! Cut a piece of the lemon and put the fresh juice on the blemish!
FACE CREAM SUGGESTIONS for Acne Prone Skin.

For Face Cream I love The Body Shop's Aloe Face Cream or Glaxal Base.
Both creams are pretty scentless & organic and no harsh chemicals. If you have extremely dry skin or rosacea I would recommend the Glaxal Base. If smell is important to you then I also like Evan Healy Rose Vetiver Day Moisturizer (with rose geranium & carrot seed) It does not cause me to breakout and smells like roses. But if your skin is extremely sensitive just stick with the aloe or glaxal base.



*The Aloe products can be found at: The Body Shop

44 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this amazing info and products. I have suffered from acne before and I usually cleanse with aveeno and use clearasil. I've used toothpaste to shrink some pimples, but I am going to try these tips. Your skin is beautiful and has a healthy glow. Look forward to more great advice and tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No prob guys!! So happy you like it! I know the feeling @kizzymb i remeber spending hours and hours searching for HELP! Hmm..i tried aveeno before didn't love it. Yes I also use the toothpaste trick here and there! I do find that helps:) Let me know if any of my advice helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. I shall visit the body shop here in Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Treatment today and I already see that the pimples are more dry and more small !! thank you for you advice ! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cucumber and oatmeal face pack can help to get rid of acne and also gives your skin a soothing effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. im At The Point Ill Try Anything My Face Regimen Works To Keep My Face Ok for A Couple Months Then Its Bad Again Just A Never Ending Cycle ThanX For the Tips

    ReplyDelete
  7. Correct washing of the skin will eliminate oils and bacteria that can cause acne. However, when you already have serious acne breakouts, washing alone likely will not make it go away. Frequent and harsh washing can even make it worse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. is it ok if you can give us your experience with benzaclin? like, in the first weeks, how much does the skin improve? does it get worse before it gets better? is it very irritating? pleaseeeeee tell us, i would totally appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post has been a life saver, I've been suffering with really bad acne since I was 13 years old and like you, I slathered on make up to try and cover it. I realise now that all I need to do is take a step back and let my skin breath! Thanks so much for the advice<3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a 25 year old female and I had a complaint of acne since the last 6 years. It used to come and go frequently. I started using Benzac AC Generic, 2 months back. Since then, the severity and frequency of my acne on my face is very reduced. This is really a miracle treatment for my acne face.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks so much ive been struggling with blemishes for years now and thought that many skin care products wouldnt work for me because i have ethnic skin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blemishes and acne are often referred to as the same thing, when in reality one is a condition and the other is a disease. Severe acne can cause long-lasting blemishes on the skin, as well as significant scarring. There is no one method to remove blemishes and acne; they require different treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your post !
    But I thinks the best acne treatment in the world is no treatment. If you want to natural cure for acne, you can go to my video : Natural acne remedies

    Welcome to my Video, I offer you a gift to your Health at Description in my video

    ReplyDelete
  14. B-CURE LASER LLLT-808 - a breakthrough in soft laser therapy for efficient treatment of pain, wounds, burns, sports injuries, inflammation, acne, and laser therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post ...Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting

    ReplyDelete
  16. When you have acne, try to avoid applying any chemicals to speed up the healing process. Some treatments actually prolongs the process. The use of mild soap is better as it won’t irritate your skin.

    May @FamilyMedicineOfSouthBend.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great information about getting rid of acne blemishes. One product I found the most effect in dealing with acne and pimples is Citrus Clear's Spot treatment. You may want to check them out! http://www.citrusclear.com/grapefruit-spot-treatment.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Normally a medical aesthetics laser hair removal courses training institute teaches its student to deal with dermatological products such as Laser , Botox , and pulsed light for operating difficult operations like Laser Hair removal , IPL, Vein Reduction, Teeth Whitening Reduction, Tattoo Removal, Acne Reduction, Wrinkle Reduction, Acne Reduction, Skin Tightening, Advanced Micro derma and massage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,

    That,s a great Acne Cream Platform and every new habit begins with mental shifts and thank you very much for your instruction it,s very helpful or If you want to know more here is
    http://www.theacnecream.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lemon works best on me in getting rid of acne! Just add honey and more citrus juices intake. Very effective!

    All the best!
    Shruti xxxx
    Shrutigoenka.snydle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for sharing this :) Blemishes are really irritating.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
  22. If you are looking for the best acne treatments in delhi than visit skin plus clinic

    ReplyDelete
  23. hmm i have an easy solution here try and please tell if it worked well for u as it did to me.........
    http://duskyisbeautiful.blogspot.in/
    do checkout.............

    ReplyDelete
  24. For you acne sufferers out there, there might be a solution. Our goal is
    to provide detailed information articles on the most popular topics in
    the subject of Acne. We do the research and collect the valuable
    information so you don’t have to. You can simply peruse our website and
    find all the information you need neatly organized in one place. We hope
    you find a lot of values in our website! http://2cureacne.com/goo.gl

    ReplyDelete
  25. u can buy this pproduct http://bit.ly/1lfyjkD

    ReplyDelete
  26. At some point couple of instructive online journals turn out to be extremely useful while getting pertinent and new data identified with your focused on zone. As I discovered this blog and value the data conveyed to my database. ลดแก้ม

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice blog, you have done here. So keep it up and help the visitors. Now you can get the Laser Hair treatment in Delhi which is very useful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Acne is the most common skin concern.Acne occurs when there is a build up of oil in your skin,which clogs your pores creating whiteheads, blackheads and pimples on the surface of your skin.Acne treatment Vancouver contact us for Acne treatment Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi,

    Thank you for sharing best article.

    Find best Acne Treatment in Hyderabad
    Dermatologist in Hyderabad
    Skin Clinic in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  30. Acne is the most common skin concern. Acne occurs when there is a build up of oil in your skin, which clogs your pores creating whiteheads, Acne treatment Vancouver blackheads and pimples on the surface of your skin.contact us for Acne treatment Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  31. شركة تنسيق حدائق بالدمام
    شركة تنسيق حدائق بالدمام تعتبر من أفضل الشركات المتخصصة في مجال تنسيق الحدائق على مستوى المملكة العربية السعودية، وذلك لأن الشركة تعمل على توفير الكثير من المعدات والأدوات.
    التي تساعد على زراعة الأشجار والنخيل بحرفية كبيرة وذلك بأسعار تعتبر من أرخص الأسعار الموجودة بين الشركات فقط تواصل معنا عبر أرقامنا نصلكم أينما كنت.

    ReplyDelete
  32. تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
    عميلنا العزيز إذا كنت تمتلك اثاث ايكيا وتحتاج إلى أشخاص متخصصين يقومون بتركيبه فعلى الفور عليك القيام بالاتصال على شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض.
    توفر الشركة أفضل المواد والأدوات التي تسهل من عملية التركيب، كما تعمل الشركة على القيام بتوفير كل تلك الخدمات بأسعار لا مثيل لها بين منافسينا على مستوى المملكة العربية السعودية.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Acne is the most common skin concern. Acne occurs when there is a build up of oil in your skin, which clogs your pores creating whiteheads, blackheads and pimples on the surface of your skin. Acne treatment Vancouver contact us for Acne treatment Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Acne is the big problem for many girls.
    Thanks for sharing such information
    facial spa los angeles

    ReplyDelete