Thursday, March 21, 2013

Kiss Me Mascara / Tubing Lashes


Hey guys! Since we've already devoted a lot of time to talking about lashes on our blog, I felt obliged to share with you one of my FAVORITE secret weapons that I was introduced to on set about four years ago!  This mascara is my ABSOLUTE go-to product for many actors and I'm going to tell you why!

In this photo I am wearing: 
Kiss Me Mascara by Blinc


A film set is a strange and crazy place!  Sometimes you work around the clock, sometimes you have to ball your eyes out, and sometimes you end up working in not-so-friendly weather conditions.  You have to remember that no matter how you are doing or feeling, your face WILL be fully made up and ready to go throughout the entire day... This really teaches you to find products that work for you!

Mascara is one of the products I generally don't mess around with. I can't stand when my mascara flakes or rubs off under my eyes (giving you that ridiculous "racoon look").  Sometimes makeup artists swear by specific "waterproof" mascaras, but to be quite honest, MOST of the waterproofs that I have tried over the years have rubbed off and/or flaked just like regular mascaras (the difference being that you generally need makeup remover to take it off instead of soap and water).  Since my lashes are long, there is no stopping them from touching my skin. As a result, I am sceptical of MOST mascaras as I find they all tend to leave behind some kind of residue. This makes not only my life, but the life of my makeup artist miserable on set as we are constantly on "raccoon eye" duty!


My answer to this dilemma is BLINC'S KISS ME MASCARA!  This product does not merely paint your lashes... it TUBES them! The tubes DO NOT leave any residue behind and they stay intact throughout the entire day! Have you ever seen actors crying on screen and noticed that their mascara stays fully intact? They are probably using this brand! We also love that this mascara is NOT tested on animals.

What are tubes and how do they work (might you ask)? The mascara comes in a normal mascara bottle with a normal wand. You apply the mascara as you would any regular brand. The difference is seen after the mascara dries. No matter how much you cry, sweat, or touch your lashes, the tubes WILL NOT break, flake, or rub off!


When it comes time to take off your makeup for the day, you only need to use warm water and your fingers (it's easiest to do in the shower). After you lather warm water over your face, you gently rub your lashes with your thumbs and index fingers.  You will see that the tubes come off fully intact. Just make sure you clean up the tubes afterwards (they tend to get stuck in the sink if you leave them there to dry).
This is a picture of what the tubes look like after removing them using warm water.


One thing I will say about Kiss Me is that it doesn't give you the fullest lash look. The picture in the beginning of this post shows me wearing only Kiss Me (and while my lashes look long, they are not as full as they could otherwise be).  Generally I like to coat my top lashes with another brand (my favorite is Full Exposure Mascara by Smashbox) before I tube them. The photo below shows me after applying Smashbox followed by Blinc's Kiss Me.



Have any of you ever tried tubing your lashes??




No comments:

Post a Comment