Monday, February 25, 2013

Vanessa’s Tricks to Having Luscious Lashes

By: Vanessa

For those of you who don’t already know, I have a major eyelash obsession. I’ve done several magazine interviews on this subject as well! Makeup artists on set have constantly asked me how I get my lashes so big and always ask for my technique, so I think


it’s about time you here it from me directly! There is just something about big, luscious lashes on girls that just scream femininity. Having Long, thick, lashes always complete a makeup look. It’s flirty, beautiful and is defiantly a flattering feature on all women! I have done hours and hours of research and experimenting on what natural remedies promote eyelash growth. I have also tried the non-organic approach such as eyelash growth serums, enhancers, and eyelash extensions! I’ve tried everything really! SO I'll cover all of them. Also I love trying new mascaras and tricks to try and get that big, fake lash (but still natural) look! Just so I can fully call myself an eyelash expert;) SO BELOW are all my sneaky tips and beauty secrets I’ve learned through the years on set and through research, on how to get great, luscious lashes…Whether you want to do it the organic way or not, there are lots of options for all ya’ll eyelash loving guru’s out there like myself.

Okay Let’s first get started with MASCARAS!



Above is a photo of my friend Evelyn’s lashes. In this photo I did her mascara using my special technique (using telescopic mascara and Divaderm Eyelash Fibers.) I will upload a photo where she did her own lashes, just to show you guys the BIG difference simple changes can make!


NOW Here are Vanessa’s Picks & Tricks

Mascara & Eyelash fibers!

(My lashes with mascara)


I’ve tried lots of different Mascaras and Us HER COCONUT girl’s def have our favorites! My fav mascaras so far from the OH SO MANY I’ve tried are L’Oreal’s TELESCOPIC in blackest black, DIVADERM’S EYELASH FIBERS as well as Maybelline’s Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara! Now I’m famous for getting ready for a night out with my girl friends and them always asking for me to do their eyes as I’ve really mastered techniques with applying mascara that really get lashes as long as possible, which is quite frankly what we coconut girls want RIGHT!? ;) Now lets begin…

Step 1: I always start my mascara regime by first stroking my lashes downwards with my telescopic mascara brush. The application brush is plastic, which if your not used to, could take a while... but it is way better for reducing clumps and making sure you get every individual lash! I usually stroke downwards quite a bit… I know…your probably wondering… why stroke downwards? Well think about this… it doesn’t make ANY séance to only stroke one side of your lashes if you want them as full, long and thick as possible!

Step 2: Stroke lashes with telescopic brush upwards several times or as much as you want until you have achieved the look you like.

Step 3: THEN while lashes are still wet take your divaderm eyelash fibers and stroke a couple times downwards and several times upwards.

STEP 4: Now take the telescopic mascara again and coat lashes downwards and upwards once more to complete look!...You can also rotate between telescopic and Maybelline Illegal Length to get an even more dramatic look, OR just choose the one you like the most. Most actors on set use a combination of TWO mascaras as they often find combining the two different brushes and formula get lashes thicker and even longer looking. I’d say so combining all three is probably your best bet to achieve that big fake look! Now if you have extra straight lashes unlike mine which are curly and don’t need to be curled..you can curl your lashes with a curler before you apply these steps if you find success with this. Now you may be wondering what are eyelash fibers. The Divaderm Eyelashes Fibers are a little tube of particles/fibers NOT LIQUIDS that stick to your mascara and help make your lashes more long and thick. HONESTLY I do not know what I would do without it. LOVE

Check out this technique in action on our Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HerCoconuts



2 comments:

  1. Say, you got a nice blog article.Thanks Again. Much obliged.
    Virgin Peruvian Hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you functionally illiterate? Less time on eyelashes, more time on spelling!

    ReplyDelete